Anything that human being uses it has got a positive effect. Even the drinking beer it has the benefits specifically human health. So from today, don’t feel guilty about taking the beer! You must enjoy when you are taking it as long as you’re expanding lifespan through maintaining your health. Wait a minute do you in India we consumes 1.2 litre of beer every day which means there are some who are strongly convinced with unbelievable benefits of drinking beer.
What is Beer Actually?
So, you want to know more about beer… Well, pour yourself a cold one and get comfortable because there’s a whole lot of great things to learn about your favourite drinks.
In a simple way beer is a alcoholic drink made with malted cereal grains (which could include barley, wheat, rye, corn or rice), hops and water that is fermented by adding yeast. Yeast eats sugar, divides (then multiplies), and produces carbon dioxide and ethanol (alcohol).
Alcohol percentage can range from 3% Alcohol by Volume (ABV) to a whopping 15% ABV for Wines. Of course, this description really doesn’t do beer justice, does it? Beer can be a quite complex drink that can take on thousands of interpretations. And for most of us, trying to categorize beer can sometimes be difficult but not impossible.
Did I just pinched your curiosity and interested more to know What all types of beer you drinking ?
Drinking beer it is useful and very important as you’re maintaining your health through the following ways:
- Decrease the Risk of Heart Diseases – Much likely like Wines ,Beer contains vitamin B6, which protects against heart diseases by preventing the build-up of a compound called homocysteine. It has a thinning effect on the blood and prevents the formation of clots, which cause blockages in the coronary arteries. As per study conducted by ICTAN Spain, moderate beer consumption by healthy adults during 1 month were linked with positive blood lipid profile changes. Moderate consumption also reduces the risk of inflammation, the root cause of atherosclerosis, which is cholesterol and plaque building up on the blood vessels and artery walls.
- Keeps your Kidneys healthy – A Finnish study singled out beer among other beverages, showing that it was better for your kidneys and reduces the risk of developing kidney stones by 40% when not over-consumed. Want to why ? So, beer is high in potassium and magnesium, which results in a reduced risk of kidney stones. The silicon present in it is readily absorbed by the body to protect against osteoporosis.
- Risk of Cancer – A flavonoid compound called xanthohumol is found in the hops commonly used in brewing beer. It has been seen to play a major role in the chemoprevention of cancer, including prostate cancer. According to Bio-medicine, it is also a good source of polyphenols, due to the grains used for fermentation. It has been proven effective in fighting cancer, just like red wine.
- Helps an Upset Stomach – Beer, especially dark beer has been proven to help with better digestion. One gram of soluble fiber is found in each glass of beer. Fiber plays a vital role in intestinal transit and without enough fiber you can develop gastric and intestinal disorders.
- Controls Diabetes & Lower the Chances Anemia – Studies have linked moderate beer consumption to a lower prevalence of type 2 diabetes.Beer is a good source of vitamin B12 and folic acid, a deficiency of which may lead to anemia. Vitamin B12 is also essential for maintaining normal growth, good memory, and concentration.
- It Helps you Sleep Well – Beer is a cure for insomnia. Two ingredients Lactoflavin and nicotinic acid can promote a better sleep! So go ahead and have one before bed.
- Power Memory Booster – Research found that beer drinkers are less likely to suffer from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. But don’t forget that if you have one too many you will not have a great memory of the night before! Hahaha…
- How to prepare beer?
One can make it at home using a brewing kit and supplies that are easily available in the local market or online. Boil malt extract and hops followed by sterilizing this mixture. Cool down the mixture, add yeast and let the fermentation begin. Store and monitor the fermentation and when the beer has aged properly, store it in the refrigerator and enjoy it with family and friends but to be honest in India we don’t bother much just Find your Nearby theka and grab your favorite drinks.
- How to brew?
Beer can be brewed not easily but possibly at home by following some simple steps: Boil pale malt extract and hops for about an hour and sterilize the mixture. The hot mixture, also known as wort is then cooled down and transferred to a fermenter where water is added to it. Yeast is added to start the fermentation process at the room temperature. Once it is fully fermented it is bottled and set to age for 2-6 weeks before use. Yes you heard me write that how our crafted beer get prepared my favorite one Bira 91.
- What is Beer made of?
It is made using majorly 4 ingredients- barley, hops, water, and yeast. These ingredients are easily available in grocery or Supermarket stores. It can also be made using wheat and rice instead of barley. It can be made at home using the above ingredients and a brewing kit which comprises of containers, fermenter, etc.
CAUTIONS: Consumption of Beer in excessive amount may lead in bad terms and neglects all above benefits.
So keep drinking but be careful with quantity of everything and help us to make aware what else you would love to hear more .